Saturday Night Movie

This week we have watched a couple LDS themed movies.  Last Monday we watched The Home Teachers, tonight, The RM.

I enjoy watching these videos, and our kids do too.  We laugh and laugh when we watch The Home Teachers.  The gnome, the mishap with the casket at the viewing, the car crash, etc..  Great stuff!

But when it comes to the most quoted part of that movie, what do the kids always repeat?  “David begat Gorgonzola”.  LOL!!

Our kids wanted to watch The RM tonight.  I laughed myself silly.  What a fun movie, and who doesn’t enjoy poking fun at the oddities of their own culture?

I don’t know anyone who had the same experience as Jared of the RM when they returned from their mission.  Hopefully no RM has seen that many things go haywire.

I was able to feel the frustration of the experiences he was having while watching tonight.  The song Go Back from the soundtrack appears in the movie when Jared is facing his most difficult trial since returning.

I think just about everyone has felt like they would be in a better place if they could go back to a time in the past when things were different.  I certainly have felt that way and I was able to relate to that aspect of the movie more intensely with the help of this song.

0 comments: