Spring Break

It’s a great time of the year, because it’s Spring Break in the Cache County School District!  Well, if you could call it spring ….

The photo below was taken Friday April 2nd, the last day of school before spring break for our kids officially began.  Yep, new snow.  I was on the way to school with my daughter for Dads and Donuts and saw this:

Code30017

I pulled off the side of the road to take a photo of Little Mountain.  The auto setting on my camera didn’t do the sky justice, but technology made up the difference.  With the help of Photoshop Elements I was able to make it look pretty close to the way it did when I took the photo as the sun was peeking over the mountains to the east.   

Anyway…. why is it a great time to have snow when spring break is in full swing?  Because we can sleep in!  Enough said!  We are not planning on any trip to a warmer part of the world, or any grand activities at all, yet ….  I don’t mind though, because I LOVE a day when I can wake up when I need to, instead of when the School District needs us to.

I swear spring break was only 2 days off school, for a total of a 4 day weekend, when I was a kid. This year we have a total of 9 days – counting weekends – to use up.  Late church on Sunday adds to the blissful slumber that is to be had during the coming days.

There is plenty of time to hatch a plan, but with the threat of a big winter storm arriving tonight, I think we’ll just hunker down and enjoy the relaxation.  Now if I could justify skipping work …..

0 comments: