Look, It’s a Day in Honor of Me!

It’s finally here, and I’m flattered.  A day to celebrate me, April Fool’s Day!  No, not the other umpteen however many people who feel like I do, it’s my day!  Darn it….

I not that I’m big on practical jokes or pranks, but I won’t turn down the opportunity when given the chance.  It’s the odd, out of the ordinary way I view myself that makes me feel like a day with fool in its name is my day.

That being said, I’m not going to expose the inadequacies that prove my point – at least not at this time.  I will however, encourage everyone to make it a great day.  Go ahead, be like me!  Well, not that kind of fool - pull a prank!

If feel the need to do so, but you are wondering what to do to prank someone, here are some ideas:

My favorite:  Look up the phone number to a local mortuary and present it to a co-worker with a simple phone message to the effect of, call Mira Maynes at xxx-xxxx.  This has been successful for me on at least two occasions.

Our office phone system makes this next idea easy to perform:  Take some clear tape and tape down the off-hook button that rests underneath the earpiece of the phone handset.  The first call for the victim with the taped down button is good for a laugh or two.

I found a site with some other mostly harmless options to consider.  Harmless - depending on the attitude of the person being tricked, that is.

I have school age kids who are no doubt going to pull a trick on me when I get home from work.  Sometimes it works and I bite - hook, line and sinker.  I’m actually looking forward to it.  It will also be great to be myself and pass it off as just celebrating the day, instead of explaining away my awkwardness. Again. Day after day …. Can’t every day be April Fool’s Day?

0 comments: