Update: Hamburger in Training

Well, my engineered feeder-tromper-stopper failed after a few days.  I went out to feed Sunday morning and one side of the structure had been knocked away by a hungry heifer, with the offender stuck in a position that I knew would take some extrication work.  I must say that this will be the last year we feed animals on that side of the corral without a better system in place.

Apologies for not having a photo of the device when it was operational, but it was sheer genius …. just not appreciated by the animal kingdom.  Stomach over brain in this case.

I did snap a photo this morning of the reason I began my quest for a fix that would keep the cows out of the hay.

GRF0020

That’s right, bucko, you’ve been caught with your feet in the feed box …..  I don’t care how sad you look …. oh well, what’re you gonna do?

I must say that because of Saturday’s experience with our beloved cat, I didn’t even get upset Sunday morning when I had to get in the corral and remove the barrier and help get the cow out of the mire, so to speak.

AWJHYPUG9WVP

0 comments: