Glad it's Not That Cold


I might be complaining about the cold, but I guess it's not too bad here, compared to this photo.

Taken in New York in the 70's after a fire, this engine company now has to figure out how to de-frost to get back to their house.

There have been some really cold days and nights to be on a fire in Cache County, but luckily no vehicles were frozen up this bad.

There was a moment of concern on a fire in Clarkston back in my younger days, when my breathing air regulator froze up while inside the house and left me scrambling to get outside and get my mask off. And that was in the daytime .... The pump on our engine needed some time to thaw out in the station, as did the firefighters.

Then there was that middle-of-the-winter, middle-of-the-night in Amalga at a haystack fire; or that middle-of-the-winter, middle-of-the-night in Petersboro at a house fire; or that other time .....

0 comments: