Obsessing over the layout

I am pulling out my hair over the layout of my blog.  Okay, not literally pulling my hair out, but it seems like it.

I need a weekend break to think things over and see what direction I might take next week.

Problem is that I look around at other blogs and see how cool they look, nice backgrounds, designs and layouts, then I try to figure something out that looks the way I want it to.

I haven't succeeded yet.

Several different attempts and the longest any of them lasted was 2 days, I think, or was it less ....

I got so frustrated with it today that I moved back to a 2 column template and put a simple little shadow edge around the columns.

I will have to regroup and decide if it's about the design, or more about what I might have to say.  I would like it to be both reasons that people want to visit and read my articles, but maybe I'll just have to work on writing interesting things that make the dull layout okay.

Hmmmm.

Maybe I should just not look at other peoples blogs, just stick to reading their posts through Outlook 2007's awesome RSS feature.

Time to eat pizza and do something other than fret over all of this.

Then again, I am programmed to fret, worry, ponder, obsess.  It's in my genes.

Sigh.

0 comments: