Sunday, A Day of Rest

I have been feeling sick since after the funeral Friday.  I have had an extremely painful sore throat.  I have had a headache most of the time.  No other troubling symptoms, but the throat has worried me a bit so I went into Instacare to have it checked.

No strep!  Yeah!  But the sore throat is still a problem.  I decided to stay home from church today, except for an interview I had to attend with wife and daughter and Bishop.

My treatment has been lots of water, sometimes water and a bit of apple cider vinegar mixed in, and ibuprofen for the headache.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, we were low-key as a weekend should be, with good food (a trip with the fam to Sizzler) followed by a very painful (not as bad as the sore throat) stop at a couple of stores.  I hate to shop, by the way.

I logged on to the local radio station to listen online to the Aggie game, was pleased to hear them playing well again, finishing off the season with a 2 win road trip to the land of the potato.

Later today we were scheduled to be at a grandma's across the mountain for a birthday visit.  It was a nice time, conversation and cake and ice cream.  She is 89 years old today.  We hope she is with us a lot longer.

Nothing really heavy to comment on after these last two days, just a chance to rest and try to gear up for the coming week.

0 comments: